Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Knit-night coffee buzz

I shouldn't have purchased a large coffee. I think I just may be up later than I wanted to be tonight. It was very nice to see everyone at knit-night. As always really random stuff was talked about and I won't elaborate on any of it.

This past week has been very uneventful. I did receive a wedding invitation from a cousin and a 50th wedding anniversary party invite. I know I won't be able to attend the wedding, but I am going to try to make arrangements for the anniversary party.

So, as requested by a few knitters... the Coles Notes version of an old pattern. I have no idea if this pattern is still under copyright because it was written on a piece of notepad paper.

Baby Toque

Cast on 63

Rows 1-8 K1 P1
Rows 9-26 K right side, P wrong side
Row 27 K1 K2tog till end
Row 28 P
Row 29 K1 K2tog
Continue until you are left with 12 sts

Cut yarn leaving a tail. Run yarn through remaining sts and pull to draw
Seam toque

I am going to try a couple of alterations to the pattern. My first will be casting on 62 and knitting a 8 row rib (K2 P2). Now that I have access to a baby toque pattern I like, I wonder if I could combine it with the fish toque.

The very last thing I can think of is that I am on Facebook again. I was neglecting my account until I was introduced to a game called Farm Town. It's addictive, but the game makes you wait to harvest crops. So far most of my neighbours are co-workers.

Anywho, off to try out the baby toque and watch some ANTM.
~F.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I had a hard time sleeping last night, too, I think I could have done without the extra food! LOL Thanks for the toque pattern! I'm gonna try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fish hat.... show it off!

    ReplyDelete